Friday, June 6, 2014

Writing Competition (Bettie Entry)


Apple Pie A la Mode

By Bettie
Are you sure?
Yeah. I got straight from the big man himself.
Shit.
Yeah.
How soon?
Tomorrow.
Shit
Yeah.
Can I get you folks some more coffee?
Sure.
Sir?
Yeah, Okay.
Aw, y’all look so sad, would you like some pie?
Yeah, okay.
Great! We have apple, pea-
Apple’s fine.
I’ll put a great big heap of ice cream on top for you, okay?
Thanks.
I’d fuck her.
You’d fuck anything that moved.
Not everything. I don’t want to fuck a dog.
That implies that you’d fuck some sort of animal.
Well, today I might, fuck it, why not?
You’re gross.
Says the woman who fucked a cucumber.
Many people have fucked cucumbers. It’s a thing.
Here’s your pie!
Shirley, you’ve fucked a cucumber, haven’t you?
I-what?

You know, gotten so horny you go and get a cuke out the fridge and fuck yourself with it
I don’t think I should-
Oh come on. You don’t know us, we don’t know you. Who we gonna tell?
I-um- uhhh
Don’t worry about it, Shirl. Thanks for the pie.
Um, okay.
Why you gotta be such an asshole?
What? I wanted to prove to you that it’s a thing.
But cmon, shes a nice girl.
Nice ass too.
You’re fucking gross.
So tomorrow?
Yeah.
What’s gonna happen?
Boss says it’s gonna be amazing.
Hail and brimstone?
I don’t know.
Just “Spectacular” he said.
Wow.
Yeah.
So what now?
What about us you mean?
Yeah.
It’s over tomorrow.
I know. Everything’s over tomorrow
We had plans.
I know.
Maybe we can speed it up?
Maybe. I don’t want to be there for it.
I don’t either.
What do you suggest?

We can get some pills, or a gun.
Guns are messy. Let’s do the pills.
Okay.
You’re oddly calm about it.
I’m with you. Nothing can faze me.
Damn.
Any regrets?
I guess I wish I had told you earlier I loved you.
Tell me now.
I love you, Maggie.
I love you, Sam.
I’ll miss you.
We’ll be together, there.
Yeah, but I’ll miss you here.
Okay, once.
What?
With a carrot
A carrot?
It was huge
Didn’t think you had it in you, Shirley.
Here’s a twenty.
Oh wow, thanks. But you just had coffee.
And pie
And pie. Are you sure?
Sure, Shirley.
Thanks.
No problem.
Maggie?
Yeah?
Let’s go. We have a few drugstores to hit up.
Have a good day you two!

Thanks Shirley! Stay away from that salad!
Oh Maggie.

No comments:

Post a Comment